When planning to launch or build your fashion brand there are many things to put into consideration, such as building a business structure, model, finance, designing, sourcing, marketing and identity.
A brand identity is the entire experience of your brand, not just the visuals, but rather its core, its foundation, integrity and values.
There are obvious visual elements pulling a brand together, the web design, logo, packaging, and font that are undoubtedly important features do define a brand in certain ways, but really…
Branding is the gut feeling people have about you.
Can you describe your brand with a simple statement?
Why is branding important?
As the marketplace continues to grow it has become harder to set your brand apart and remain memorable to buyers and editors. While I think there are multiple contributing factors to this dilemma, the biggest one is that most designers are not spending enough time creating an experience around what they’re offering.
Branding is about fashioning an emotional experience for your target audience. Great branding offers acceptance, provides a sense of comfort, and yet challenges a customer. Branding inspires a customer on a level such that they want to connect with you.
Having an idea about the type of brand you what to build before the launch is helpful and understanding the qualities required to implement such vision is crucial.
- What will your brand be known for?
- What does your brand stand for?
- What is your brand’s point of view?
These characteristics need to be reflected throughout your entire business in order for your customers to trust you.
It’s impossible to have comprehensive knowledge of the twists and turns and ways your brand will evolve over time, but setting the cornerstones for fashion brand identity at the beginning will allow your brand to grow into a more dynamic and robust version of itself season after season.
Here are few tips to help you in building your fashion brand;
1. There are business names and there are brand names. Your #fashion #brand name must be striking, different and resonate with the market.
2. Do not choose any #fashion #brand name only to change it months later. It is better to pay a brand consultant or follow brand naming guide
3. A #fashion #brand must carve out a niche for itself. You can’t be making cloth for everybody/anybody
4. You dont build a #fashion #brand from a dirty/disorganized workplace. Clients dont want to see cloths rough handled or scattered all around
5. Inherent in every brand is a promise. #Fashion #brand should deliver on their promise to customers. Do the right thing and deliver as agreed
6. Never goldplate! When you have agreed on a particular #design with your client, do not change/alter it unless you get the client’s approval
7. A #fashion #brand should be visual and engaging; Invest in quality graphic design and photography
8. A #fashion #brand should be built on sound business structure. Your vision, mission and values must also be intact.
9. Always classify your clients for the growth of your fashion business brand. #Branding
10. Building a #fashion #brand from the scratch can be daunting.. But you must dream big; plan short+long term; continue learning and colaborate.